Affects Version/s: OBIX 1.1 PR02
Fix Version/s: OBIX 1.1 WD27
Component/s: OBIX 1.1 Specification
Reading the beginning of the Conformance Clause: it talks of ""implementation"" as its very first word.
But the only formal definition of ""implementation"" is in Contracts (""An Object which implements a Contract is said to be an implementation of that Contract."") so it naturally seems this is the ""implementation"" the conformance clause is talking about, in its introductory part. But my hunch is it is not...
- we see ""server implementation"" at a few places. So then [OBIX] server would need to be defined, in turn.
- we also see ""OBIX implementation"". Is it different from server implementation?
- we also see OBIX server (and OBIX Client) here and there. But again no clear definition.
- further in the conformance clause, we finally see: ""An implementation is a conforming OBIX Server if it meets the conditions described in Section 17.1. "". But again, that sounds circular: ""OBIX Server "" is already used before in the body of the specification, it should have a definition that does not rely on the conformance clause.
- define [OBIX] Server and Client early on in the spec, based on their general function and role. Then stick to this terminology throughout.. The conformance clause can then establish their precise conformance conditions (without attempting to define these terms).
- the whole text just at beginning of conformance section (and before 17.1 seems redundant, it is sufficient to recall what are the different types of implementations that will be dealt with (and that should be defined previously as they are used previously ).