Component/s: First public review
Submitted on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 19:28
Submitted by user:
Submitted values are:
Submitter's Name: Karim Chichakly
TC Name: OASIS XML Interchange Language (XMILE) for System Dynamics
TC Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Product Title: XML Interchange Language (XMILE) for System Dynamics
Committee Specification Draft ##: 01
CSD URI: TBD
Additional Resources :
This document defines an open XML protocol (XMILE) for the sharing,
interoperability, and reuse of System Dynamics models and simulations.
Dynamics is an interactive environment for simulating the impact of policy on
complex ecosystems. The benefits of this standard are:
- System Dynamics models can be re-used with Big Data sets to show how
policies produce different outcomes in complex environments.
- Models can be stored in cloud-based libraries, shared within and between
organizations, and used to communicate different outcomes with common
- Model components can be re-used and plugged into other simulations.
- It allows the creation of online repositories modeling many common business
- It increases acceptance and use of System Dynamics as a discipline
- It helps ISVs make new tools that help businesses to develop and understand
models and simulations.
- It enables vendors to develop standards-based applications for new markets
such as mobile and social media.
The results of this submission may be viewed at: