Uploaded image for project: 'OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC'
  1. OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC
  2. UBL-15

Problem with "URI" in UBL 2.1 spreadsheet formula; schemas not affected



    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • Component/s: Artefacts
    • Labels:


      I've found an issue with the formula we are using in column "A" of the UBL 2.1 spreadsheets. I don't know who changed the formula from what we were using in UBL 2.0, but it turns out to be an incomplete change.

      Interestingly, in the UBL 2.0 spreadsheets this formula issue was bypassed by replacing the formula with a fixed value in the cell: the formula was not written to accommodate the requirement.

      For any given row, say rows 259 and 260 of the Common Library spreadsheet, this is how the formula reads for column A:

      =IF(G1857="UUID";"UUID";SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(IF(E1857="Universally Unique";"UU";E1857);IF(G1857<>I1857;H1857;F1857);CONCATENATE(IF(I1857="Identifier";"ID";IF(I1857="Text";"";I1857))));" ";"");"'";""))

      I picked these rows for a reason: in the UBL 2.1 spreadsheet column A is incorrectly including a suffix of "ID". Row 259 reads "URIID" instead of "URI" and row 260 reads "SchemeURIID" instead of "SchemeURI".

      Here are the other values in the given columns in row 259:

      B-DEN Classification Scheme. Scheme_ URI. Identifier
      D-Object class: Classification Scheme
      E-Property Term Qualifier: Scheme
      G-Property Term Primary Noun: URI
      H-Property Term: URI
      I-Representation Term: Identifier
      K-Data Type: Identifier. Type
      O-Cardinality: 0..1
      P-Component Type: BBIE
      Q-Definition: The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) of this classification scheme.
      T-Current Version: 2.0

      This is a non-substantive error in the UBL 2.1 package. The schemas are correct and are not affected by this error (the schemas were created from genericode files where the UBL name is correctly entered).

      The formula has to be repaired before we continue working with the spreadsheets. I found the fault while preparing the spreadsheets for collaborative editing.




            • Assignee:
              gkholman Ken Holman
              gkholman Ken Holman
            • Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue


              • Created: